Course Outline: BIOLOGY 12
You have one calendar year to complete this course from the date of Activation.
Units of Study:
- Cell Chemistry
- Biological Molecules
- Cell Structure and Function
- Protein synthesis
- Human Systems
- Circulator (Heart, Blood and Immunity)
- Nervous (Central and Peripheral)
Basic scientific calculator
Textbook not required, however, you may contact the teacher for additional resources
Substantive Activation Assignment = 5%
Unit tests = 50%
Projects = 10%
Learning Guides = 10%
Unit Exams = 30%
Module Exams (3) = 25%
Final Exam = 20%
For further curriculum details please refer to the BC Ministry of Education:
- Projects – allow you to make some choices on how you wish to enhance your understating. The number of projects you choose depends on the difficulty level of the project ant the total number of credits needed.
- Lab reports are due two classes after the experiment has been completed. Normally, homework assignments are due two classes after they have been assigned.
- Learning Guides – are added to as you work through the unit. They are your notes for this course and will consist of the material you will need to study for tests. Students are to submit learning guides before writing a unit test.
- Unit Exams, Module Exams and Final Exam – these are closed book and require supervision. Arrangements need to be made for exam invigilation with your teacher.